Monday, June 2, 2008
It's Got a Good Beat and I Can Dance to It
We have some very musical children. They like instruments and rock out in the car with some loud singing and head banging. They like all the kiddie songs, but a Mom can only take so much. So, the kids (Connor especially) has some favorites from a more mature song list. They love "Allstar" by Smashmouth and "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard. Of course, Connor sings "pour some sugar on Ray". And we love the song "Lola" by The Kinks...Connor thinks it is a Spanish song saying "Hola!" We love "Centerfold" by the J. Geils Band, the lyrics are changed a little bit to "my angel is a cella phone!" They love John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy". This song has prompted Connor to ask me for cake for breakfast. We are also big fans of "Rockstar" by Nickelback. "Why don't they want to eat, Mommy?" But my FAVORITE misheard lyric so far is from Leona Lewis's "Bleeding Love". A few days ago, Connor asked me in a frightened voice what the song was about and I told him it was about a girl in love. He asked me if I was sure and I said yes. He seemed a little uncertain, but no more was said, except he didn't really like the song too much. I didn't really pay much attention until I heard him singing along the next time it came on the radio..." I keep bleeding, keep, keep bleeding blood." No wonder he wasn't too big of a fan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Noting will ever beat singing these songs in my neighbors pool, believing they weren't home. I still haven't brought myself to ask them if I they heard us or not! *She hangs her head in shame.*
Post a Comment