Let's start with a basic snapshot of our day so far...
- Phone rings at 7:30 a.m. It is a call from the plumber who wants to come fix our hot water heater any time from 9 until noon. Goodbye, leisurely day with family!
- Connor, our 4 year old, wakes up at 7:32 and immediately begs to be fed and then play on the computer. Food, yes. Computer, not until your brother wakes up. He settles for the finale of American Gladiators. Connor enjoys the Gladiator named Wolf and howls like a maniac when he is on the screen.
- Daddy awakens at 8:00.
- Foster, our 2 year old, yells from his room at 8:15. "I awake!" He also gets breakfast and then watches our new favorite show, "The Mr. Men Show" on Cartoon Network. Tivo this immediately for your children.
- Both children dressed and fed, Daddy dressed, Mommy flopped on couch like a sack of potatoes.
- Plumber arrives at 9:30. He is still assessing the situation and it is currently 10:41. How much will this cost us?
- Mommy decides to throw on some clothes...can I wear the same shirt as yesterday? Yes, no stains! Excellent!
Now, I have to wonder about a few things. Will the water be fixed so I can shower today in preparation for my date tonight with hubby? I better decide what I will wear and get it ready. He needs to find something to wear as well, since this place has a dress code. I should call my good friend Jennifer and see if I can shower at her house and perhaps raid her closet. I need to double check with Melissa on what the kids need to have in order to hang out at her house while we are out. I am nervous- I hope they behave while they are there. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one for sure! These are just a few of the thoughts going through my head.
Oops! OK, Foster is crying...Mommy to the rescue and I will post tomorrow!
Happy President's Day!
Christi
No comments:
Post a Comment