OK, this is completely random, but I thought it was odd enough to share with you. I went to the Y today to meet with a personal trainer to kick my workout up a notch so I can lose some more weight. She took my heart rate and was completely flabbergasted. She tried again and got the same number. She asked if I was on blood pressure medications. An average heart rate is 75 beats per minute. My resting heart rate is 50 beats per minute. That is a marathon runner's heart rate- and YOU KNOW I am not a marathon runner! I just thought that was weird given that I am not in the best physical shape ever. Sadly, it means I have to work extra hard to get my heart rate up enough to be in "fat burning" mode. Oh, goody- more time at the gym!!! I am strangely proud of having such a good heart rate, even though it has absolutely nothing to do with me or something I have done. It's not an accomplishment, really. So there it is, your random thought from me. Have a great day!
Christi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mrs. Euphrony told me you have a blog now. I had to check out a Gymboree playgroupers blog. Little Euphrony had a ton of fun at the Valentine's Day party - I think I've got a pic of her with Connor.
Lurve u and your low heartbeat!
Hey healthy girl! Woo hoo for you and your fantastic ticker!
Post a Comment